Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Thank You to the Richland County Master Gardener Association


A few months ago I was contacted by a customer of mine about speaking to and presenting for the Richland County Master Gardener Association (RCMGA). I was flattered, very flattered. I have spoken to garden clubs, but not to Master Gardeners.

She referred me to the person who coordinates and hosts such events and I learned she was also a customer...good company to keep, all the way around.

Approaching the event I realized I confused the date with another event and I had about ten days less to prepare. Most of this occurred during the decline of my father's health and his passing. However, I told the host I would do my best.

Yesterday is when I spoke to the Richland County Master Gardener Association. I hope I did well and everyone received some benefit. I have taught, presented, spoken publicly before and even emceed a few events, but I was not as prepared as I would have preferred and it was also done over Zoom. I have a technology background, but presenting remotely is much different than in-person, which I prefer. There are spacial and lighting issues which are difficult to address in one's home with just a cell phone.

Nonetheless, I am very grateful for having had the opportunity to speak to the RCMGA and I hope to have some relationship with their members and its cause for many more years.

Thank you, Gail, Kate and all the members.

No comments:

Post a Comment