Monday, March 11, 2024

My Mother...Her Condition...My Many Thanks, and More

I had plans to write this article, thanking many of you for your response and information you provided regarding recommendations for in-home care for my mother. 

In the meantime, many of you corresponded in writing or even called me about Mom and wishing her well. A few of you spoke with her...not difficult, she's so inviting.

The other night, another customer, and I feel, a friend, called me and asked how Mom is doing. I was so thankful, overwhelmed. I had a good, healthy cry after we hung up. The contact was so impacting, so true. Thank you, Della.

Several of you know my mother, but most of you do not. Yet, the concern is so heartfelt and lifting although Mom is doing quite well in spite of the physical limitations she must incur for recovery.

Related, is the fact that I have some of the best customers in the world. I often make mention of this while speaking to other owners of businesses and they usually smirk, never asking why I say such. I imagine they don't believe so or they have never experienced such, or nowhere near.

My mother, an RN by trade, but a singer, actor and artist, when she found time, was no businesswoman; yet, she instilled in me a huge amount of integrity in most everything one does - her father, my grandfather, gave her (and I) that.

She's a wonderful lady, taking no prescription drugs, only vitamins or supplements - has wonderful vitals, bone density and muscles. Wine and chocolate are her only vices/pleasures, and at 94, she can have all she wants. 

The head care person (RN) for her is magnificent and the other care giver is well-tuned for her job. We are fortunate.

Thank you all for your concerns. I take a knee occasionally and this helps. All is well. When I do so I am usually giving thanks, not asking...this works well for me and the God I have come to know. And, his son. 

I am working on a substantial project right now and many of you have contacted me about other concerns. I (we) will get there. Please, bear with me, but feel free to call on me as Mom loves plants and wants to know I am out there with them. It's somewhat spiritual for her.

I am doing the best I can for her, which may not be the best, but the best I can.

Thank you! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment