Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Photos from Office Number Two - The Shed

I hate to admit it, but about two weeks ago, this was a mess - weeds, many weeds, unkept, indistinguishable, unattended - a mess, my stuff, my mess.

Now, it reminds me of two or three years ago when much was complete after some man-made additions, some plant installation and some serious attention-to-detail.

Nothing like a wet photo between rains on Easter Sunday - a rebirth of another sort.

The base of the gorgeous 30-foot crepe myrtle is flanked by plants waiting to be installed in some customers' beds. Two newly added amaryllis are showing off around the double heron bird bath while some nearby day lilies have just broke bud. Shasta daisies were added here and there last week and some coleus, of many varieties, are coming soon.

Later, there will be blooms of iris, bee balm and plants I have forgotten.

I still need to fill the herb table (far rear right). Right now it's just rosemary, kentucky colonel mint, tarragaon and italian parsley, thanks to my neighbor, Melissa.

You may notice some sod repair which is slowly blending in quite nicely near the walkway.

All three beds were refreshed with pine straw or medium pine bark nuggets and I have plans to bring in some different colors along the rear foundation bed.

Next is the little rail-less deck - my favorite spot. It is covered by a yoshino cherry tree, unfortunately on her way out. And, I haven't worked the perimeter along the fence, but it will look less muddled in the next few days after I prune the water sprouts on the yoshino and work on the hydrangeas and gardenias huddled around it. It's still a wonderful shot.

There is also the beautiful ivy along the fence which I prune regularly for a more natural look. Of course, it gets out of hand as it is so damn healthy. Not to mention, the intruding growth I have to keep off the property from the wild and undeveloped area across the back fence.

Not all the scattered hostas are peaking, but there are many and they will all be kickin' in a few weeks. I recently added two new fire alarm coral bells. Aphrodite needs a flower and I should soon break out the hummingbird feeders.

Saint Francis is overseeing it all, but I think he's way too supportive of the raccoons I often meet around the trash can or have to rescue from same.


Okay, so I got a little carried away and had to take a photo not from the shed. This is Lori, the Loropetalum - cheesy, I know. She is actually two loropetalums and you may notice the black vertical figure in her center. That is a mail box she has been protecting for years. And, sometimes hiding, if I don't give her attention.

The postal carrier sometimes complains, but they usually have to do so while texting or talking on their phone. So, I don't give two shi...stamps about that.

I am slowly training her to the left, through pruning, as she can be, as sweet as she is, a pain when turning into the driveway with another car there. Whatever. It'll be fine.

Alright, I had to go get another shot from a different point-of-view.

Nonetheless, enjoy that small and wonderful world around you.

Stay safe during these times (and always) and have a Wonderful Easter!















No comments:

Post a Comment