Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thank You

Several years ago I made it a practice to send a "Thank You" out to all my customers, half-way through the year.

Over the last two years I failed to do so. I was crazily busy - now I am comfortably busy.

The end of June is when I critique myself, reflect upon accomplishments and project the remainder of the year.

They (whoever "They" are) say it takes about seven years before a business becomes worthwhile - I'm seven-years in. 

Well, Back40 was worthwhile from day-one, yet now, more aspects of it are more enjoyable.

This is due to much effort on my behalf, but more so, due to the wonderful customers I have and their understanding of plants - health-wise, aesthetically and otherwise.

I will still undertake the jobs I performed years ago regarding clearing areas and ridding those of the detrimental mess (unwanted growth and weeds) that hampers preferred plant life and their beauty and health, for a customer who needs such. Yet, this has progressed (a goal I set several years ago) to plant care, overall, for those plants my customers cherish.

Lord given, I can probably prune and care for plants for another ten years, unless my patent gets granted. Then, you are all on your own. Ha!

Beyond projects, such as plant bed planning, design and installation, which require a formal detailed proposal, the Pruning and Plant Care Program has provided me much peace of mind, and my customers, some time and budget flexibility. I get the chance to focus on each concern, each plant, each vignette, each situation, with a plan not swayed by time concerns. Yet, time and goals are well managed.

Arriving here has been an arduous, exciting and educational process. This would not have been possible without the understanding, communications and encouragement of existing and prior customers. I wish I could preemptively thank my future customers. Oh well, they'll simply have to wait.

Sincerely, y'all are the best customers. I've turned down some opportunities from a few prospects, but I can't remember a customer I have abandoned for any reason, except that beyond my control.

Friends and acquaintances look at me like I am a unicorn when I say, "I have the best customers in the world."

I do.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment