Friday, July 22, 2022

Ploetry - Forgiveness

 

I heard you as I lied on my back,

In that tall field of grass.

As the sun cut through the dew on the blades of green.

Your voice carried over, over me as I rolled over,

On to a pillow of comfortable reeds awaiting me.

You were near - the shadow you cast.

I sunk deeper into the bed of grass.

I was excited, you, here at last.

For all wrongs, I was forgiven. I thought.

Although I should have been on mine, 

You were on your knees.

Forgiveness, so often sought and rarely granted,

I cowered and hugged your thigh as you stroked my hair.

I sunk deeper into the grass.

While I rose to see your face and eyes; and your eyes were

Telling me I was wrong;

My heart fell as you fell in my arms.

I was wrong.

You forgave me.


No comments:

Post a Comment