Sunday, May 21, 2017

Gotta Be Local Straw

Interesting Pine Straw Shapes

I was finishing up installing a plant bed the other day, had laid the landscape fabric and while laying the straw, for some reason, I looked down and notice these two pine needles or partial needles lying on the fabric - must be local (or in-state), I imagined.

Actually, unless you live in an area with no conifers or pines, most pine straw should be local.

I usually get my straw from Joseph McDougall at Forest Lake Gardens and I look for the big yellow trailer. 

I know who owns and delivers the trailers of straw and it is usually clean, long-needle and is baled so well that a bale usually goes one-and-a-half times further than others.

And, that open trailer, versus an enclosed tractor trailer, doesn't so easily promote mold.




No comments:

Post a Comment