Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A Day at the Races

Last week I was at one of my customer's properties, Sweetie's.

No, there is nothing going on, it's simply a nickname she obtained while I was having a conversation with her sweet dogs, Isabella and Sophia. Well, Sophia is somewhat skittish, but I believe she is finally falling for me.

I was doing some lower interior pruning on a shrub (hand-and-knee work, as I call it) and suddenly the sun above and behind me was eclipsed briefly, a whoosh met my ears and then I heard four alternating, rhythmic and somewhat graceful tramples to my left.

I felt like the top fence rail of a jump at a steeple chase. I looked left and right, all around me - nothing - went back to pruning.

About ten seconds later, this time much closer to the ground and in my face, this happy, healthy and handsome guy shows up, ready to play, leap, wait, whatever - tail going crazy.

I thought I had seen this guy behind a neighbor's fence before and thought, "There is no way he is staying in there forever. That fence is just another thing, a toy to overcome."

Well, I was so wrong about the wait part because as soon as I got up to give him attention, he was off to the races. I would have loved to gotten a video of him bounding around the yard, but I would have needed a film crew of at least seven to even think of doing so.

My customer and I had to coax, coerce and capture him to get the picture above. I got lucky with the other photo - puppyroids.

Oh, his name is Tucker. All the other ladies in the neighborhood should be thankful, but I believe, for quite a while, like a yellow lab I once had, he is having such a darn good time (the goofy and bumbling type) enjoying most any and everything, it may be awhile before the most eligible bachelor is ready to settle down.

He is a very attractive and fit dog. I am a huge dog lover, but you canine aficionados may have a clue what breed or mix he is. I believe he is part boxer, pit bull and part just f'ing fun.

I met the owner, who is also a sweetie (This happens over there.), but I didn't say I would use her name. Hopefully she will chime in and let us know more.

It's definitely not all about the plants, now.

Thanks Tuck.

2 comments:

  1. Can we see his ears from the front? His face looks just like my Jack Russell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be going by soon and will try to get another photo.

      Delete