Monday, July 29, 2019

Dennis Van Der Meer Died Last Saturday

Some of you may have been around, received instruction from or even spent personal time with Dennis Van Der Meer.

I only had the chance to meet him when my wife and one of our club pros were working on their teaching certification at his tennis academy on Hilton Head Island.

Me and some friends would show up at the end of the day to watch Dennis teach the teachers and then jump in to get those free lessons from his students.

All I can say is I knew I would never forget Dennis - his love for tennis and his students, and his instruction, demeanor and humor. I had no idea how much of an impact he would have on the sport on so many different levels.

Game, Set, Match. A Wonderful Match!

Thank you, Dennis.

You can learn more about Dennis and his life at https://www.islandpacket.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/david-lauderdale/article233227851.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment