Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Moose Tennis Memo and Vulture Weather Cams

Jason
We had a good turn-out last Saturday. The outing was competitive, fun and somewhat eventful. A few of the herd may now be on the I.R. list. There were some injuries, but none to warrant further investigation by the vultures which seem to have been around Trenholm Park for the last several months on some sort of recon mission. And, these are no U-2s or SR-71s that one would never see. They are in full force - many, many perching while a few may do fly overs.

Speaking of vultures, I am tiring of going down to the courts before our outings and checking the court conditions in regard to rain. It seems like not long after we dodged the heat and humidity, we began trying to avoid the rain, not always successfully. However; many of the not-so fair-weathered members of the herd have still managed to contribute to many fun mornings of tennis.

Well, I'm strongly considering capturing a vulture (good luck to me, with that) and strapping a body came to it. It would be somewhat of a vulture drone, but I wouldn't have to control it. I know where the hell it will go - to the tennis courts. If anyone has experience capturing vultures, please give me the details.

I am thinking about dressing up as a dead raccoon (a rather large one), attracting a vulture (most likely, many), doing a take-down maneuver I learned at Boy Scout camp and then strapping a camera to it. I may even name it and tag it.

Then I could view, on my phone, what the vulture is seeing over at the tennis courts via my Buzzard Body Cam app.

Perhaps, I'll name it Beaky. No, he just won't do.

See you Saturday at 9:30a.m. Come one, come all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment