Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Ploetry - Sun Flower

I first saw her many years ago.

She was in a field not far from mine; yet in the same field in which I played, on occasion.

Glowing from the first glimpse, so difficult to ignore.

She glistened on her own and reflected all light near her.

I've walked trough those fields so often, only to miss her.

But when, on those odd occasions, when we are forced by nature to brush our lives against one another, I am the glowing one as she shines and calms all my precautions.

Her gorgeous petals show, she opens up and so does the world around her.

The sun shines, as does she.

Rarely a part of my life, yet never missed, but often dreamt of.

Mother Nature never had such a Daughter.

This flower thrives with or without the sun.

This, she was given.


Copyright © 2020 Doug Ingbretsen

No comments:

Post a Comment