Sunday, August 9, 2020

Beauty for which I Cannot Take Credit

Please click to enlarge the image.
I have worked on some beautiful properties. Hopefully, I have made many more attractive and healthier, at least livable. Yet, I can take no credit for this wonderful garden.

This property has a well-balanced landscape throughout. When some hear "well-balanced landscape", this conjures up thoughts of boring - not the case here. Well-balanced is the palette and then things get interesting. Among some more common and not so common evergreen shrubs, and deciduous and evergreen trees are these vignettes the owners installed of varying textures and colors - some annuals, perennials, some evergreens. There's always something to appreciate.

I have worked on this property several times, mainly pruning trees and shrubs, and I have worked in this garden pruning back for the next season, some removal and a little clean-up, usually at the direction of the owners. So I cannot take credit for the content or layout of this garden. That's fine with me, because I get to do my thing elsewhere on the property for which they trust me and then I get to enjoy the results of their creativity and work.

I was recently on their property pruning some shrubs and trees to allow space for a new privacy fence and gate, while doing so to accommodate for future growth in light of same. I also removed a small bed for the same reason and transplanted some begonias and lemon ball plants from ground to pots.

Well, it was hot as hades (go figure) that day, but I had some fairly good shade from behind and also my portable canopy for protection from the sun. My work breaks were a tad bit longer than usual as I turned my chair to face this garden and enjoy all the different plant life and colors, and those also provided by the different man-made features, not to mention the highly textured tall urn water feature. This garden is a wonderful flux of ideas and presentation. Something-good-to-read and I may have not done much the rest of the day.

I hate to say it, D and D, but it was a wonderful day spent without you.

Thank you for leaving me alone with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment