Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Thank You...So Sincerely

I began sending thanks to all our customers around mid-year, each year, several years ago.

Yet, this is obviously, beyond mid-year. My fault.

This year has not been so different for me because of Covid-19 or much else, except for the wettest winter (January and February) this area has experienced in recorded history.

Our last winter (2019) doubled the year before as I had begun to educate so many about how much can be done and perhaps, should be done, during the winter months, particularly, our warm winter months here in the Midlands.

It was fun and we accomplished so much without sweating our asses off. So many took care of their plant and landscape concerns without waiting until the warmer growing season months, when maintenance, just keeping up, precedes true plant care.

It simply was an entirely different winter this year, ever.

Enough of that. This year, since and thus far, we have taken on many new relationships, while taking on many new challenges with old and wonderful relationships.

Each plant is my sole customer at the moment, while the property owner is my ultimate customer. I do my best to keep this perspective. Communication between both parties, in regard to the third, the plants, is key.

I am constantly trying to structure offerings to address the different needs of customers, while continually studying arboriculture and horticulture, and addressing/researching situations unfamiliar. That's my calling.

Further, in regard to Covid-19, for which we have all heard quite enough; I have had friends, family and customers quarantined for possible exposure - some tested positive, most negative - no severe illnesses, no fatalities.

I make no assumptions for what you or others are enduring, but a friend of mine, whose father was dying, not from Covid-19, was shuffled around to places for which no personal contact was allowed. They knew his fate and only had the opportunity to spend time with him during his last week in hospice. We should all be allowed to choose/acknowledge our circumstance and how we and our families deal with it.

Again, enough of that. I am grateful.

The upcoming fall months are filled with opportunities to restore our landscapes, create new areas or rediscover lost ones, and to install new plants and plant beds. Or, to simply refine, revive, or clean up what has been ignored. It's so rewarding, whether performed over a few days, or a few weeks or months.

Let's have a fantastic finish to this year, not so much looking forward to the next, but living, truly enjoying this one and celebrating it.

Thank you, to you all.

I threw this video in just because it just feels so good. You may remember the words if you remember the original by Joni Mitchell. Oh, I threw that one in as well.

Have a Fantastic Year!








No comments:

Post a Comment