Sunday, February 7, 2021

The Bands of the 70's - Collaboration and Harmony

There was, still is, something wonderful about the music back in the 70s.

We had bands.

Bands, for which many, wrote and created most of their own songs.

I'm not being naive, many were purely commercial - nothing wrong with that, but we had so many which were commercially successful without that as forethought.

You just wanted to listen and many sounded live better than recorded, engineered.

We had collaboration and we had harmony, particularly vocal harmonizing between the lead musicians, which we rarely hear today.

Some of the longest lasting bands came from the 70s and they are still out there performing and touring today.

They are musical families and they all dealt and deal with what comes with such commitment and closeness, as most families do, but they keep doing it. And, we continue to enjoy it.

I was once a musician and I come from a family of two parents who were choral singers and my brother is an accomplished jazz guitarist. The passion has been passed onto a very talented and studious musician, my nephew - trumpet, guitar, vocals...piano, soon.

What I do today is mainly a solo journey and I do miss the days of the collaboration with my fellow sailors in the U.S. Navy and some other companies I had worked with since, but it is wonderful when I get a sense of collaboration with my customers regarding a project or routine maintenance on their property. This becomes harmony.

Regardless, you may find me pruning or caring for your plants with a Bluetooth headset wrapped around my neck, listening to the best decade of music, the 70s.

Life goes on, through remembrance.

I don't talk to plants (well, occasionally, just for fun), but they often talk to me. Harmony.




No comments:

Post a Comment