Sunday, December 4, 2022

A Little Flora for the Indoor Christmas Display

 

I believe this is about the third year I have helped this friend and customer decorate this display she wants for the holidays.

I rearranged the dolls and figures, many of which have family and personal history (some from her prior students), and then brought in some flora from her property.

I then arranged this in what you see.

I used a larger Nandina branch as a backdrop and smaller ones with berries throughout, while interspersing some Japanese Yew foliage from my property.

I'll probably adjust the placement of the characters somewhat and I am certain the plants will need to be replaced between now and New Year (perhaps more often than I wish), but it is not often one can simply place plants (parts thereof) in one's home without much thought for care, but with a slight bit of creativity.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment