Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Winter is a Wonderful Time to do Most Anything Regarding Your Property and Its Plants

Winters in South Carolina, particularly around the Midlands, are times so ripe for caring for plants, trees and shrubs on your property. 

In regard to plant life, almost anything is possible as far as care and planting. The atmospheric and ground temperatures afford most anything from pruning to planting of your favorite shrubs, trees and even those favorite colorful blooming annuals. This ain't Wisconsin.

Some plantings may best wait until late February or early March; yet, most evergreen trees and shrubs need not be held back from planting until such time. And, most all of these, with the proper planning (an objective) and thought can be pruned now, producing healthier plants and bigger blooms throughout the year.

Well-thought and proper pruning may (will) also help your plant's health and beauty. I have tracked my efforts pruning for customers and their recall for me to address the same plants ranges from roughly two to three years. This may not be good for business, but I take pride in such as much of this is the objective of proper pruning.

I must also say, I have acquired, or they have, me, some of the most plant-savvy property owners in this area. Regardless of such, I am so thankful for the customers I have, for so many reasons.

This journey first fell upon my eyes and then my soul, and as much as I feel what I do may be creative (artistic is a stretch), I feel more comfortable being a technician. Yet, I do love the opportunity to structure a plant. That's how this all started.

My studies of arboriculture and horticulture will continue and I will address whatever need-be for the task at hand.

Enjoy and take advantage of the Winter. 

Contact me and I will assist.

Doug Ingbretsen
803-553-5757

No comments:

Post a Comment