Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Those Gorgeous Dwarf Japanese Maples - Just in Time

These are three of my dwarf japanese maples.

I took these photographs about three days ago...just in time.

The center maple was already dropping her leaves and the next day, none left. Fortunately, they have the wood and branch structure which is interesting, void of foliage.

Other than their color, these photographs do them no justice as to how well-branched and beautiful they are throughout most of the year. I prune them hard, with care, about three times during a given year. But, they are well worth it.

They are well-suited; hovering just below the window lines of the home.

I could allow the smaller ones to grow taller; yet, with their growth habit, I can allow them to grow overall without getting too tall, with proper pruning.

You can see how dense these girls can get, and quickly, by going to Dwarf Japanese Maples - From Barren to Looking Like a Shaggy Dog in Only Three Weeks.

As quickly as they shed, these gorgeous plants will surprise you with how they will flourish over a day or two, in the Spring, with an abundance of new leaves.

I began my time in this occupation with Japanese Maples of all species and sizes, but the drooping dwarfs still require more of my attention than others - deservedly and rewardingly so.

Enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment